Saturday 25 January 2014

New White Dwarf dumps The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings?





Games Workshop have officially announced their two new magazines to replace White Dwarf today.  White Dwarf becomes a very short 32 page weekly (stunted, indeed) and the monthly magazine is now called Warhammer Visions. From my point of view the interesting thing is that they have removed mention of The  Hobbit (and, therefore, by implication, the whole Lord of the Rings game) from the cover.  This means, I can only assume that only Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 are now core games for Games Workshop.

I will have a look at them when they come out next Saturday.


5 comments:

  1. Must admit I havent bought a WD in many moons - the last one was the release of the first Hobbit starter set...
    Sad to see them drop Hobbit/LOTR as a 'core game', especially with one movie still to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would guess we will still see Hobbit figures in the new weekly white dwarf, at least the new releases. The new monthly 'Warhammer Visions' by its title alone pretty much excludes LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard that. Interesting,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many new The Hobbit releases there will actually be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to buy out of production LotR figures off ebay now. I started up by buying the first battlegames in Middle Earth magazine. I painted the goblins in a day and my son and I played a game with the cardboard Aragorn on the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete